ENT & Eye Diseases
- Tinnitis: is noise or ringing buzzing, roaring, clicking, hissing sounds been continuously heard in the ears. Ageing, exposure to loud noise, ear bone changes, Meniere's disease are cause to tinnitus. Favor: light and easy digestible food, warm food, ghee, wheat, rice, green gram, egg plant, drumstick vegetable, bitter gourd, reduced talking. Reduce – frequent head bath, drinking cold water, exposure to cold wind, over exercise.
- Tonsilitis / Adenoids: Tonsils and adenoids “sample” bacteria and viruses that enter the body through the mouth or nose at the risk of their own infection. Because tonsils and adenoids trap germs, they sometimes temporarily swell. It can cause problems like stuffy nose, mouth breath; snoring and troubled sleep; sore throat and difficulty in swallowing and ear problems.
- Sinusitis: The sinuses are the air-filled cavities inside the skull that make up part of the respiratory system. A sinus infection can commonly result in face pain and headache. Causes of sinus congestion include the cold, flu, hay fever or other allergic reaction.
- Vertigo: The most common causes of vertigo are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and Meniere's disease. BPPV can be caused by a sudden turning over in bed or getting in and out of bed. Meniere's disease is characterized by deafness, ringing in the ears and occasional vertigo. Favor: sweet taste, milk, ghee, oil application on scalp, meat soups. Reduce: spicy, sour and salty foods, exposure to cold breeze and sunbath, keeping awake at nights, over exertion, stress.
- Glaucoma: is a group of eye conditions resulting in optic nerve damage, which may cause loss of vision. High pressure inside your eye usually, but not always, causes this damage. Favor: healthy eating, green leafy vegetables, kale, spinach, broccoli, egg yolks, exercise regularly, drink plenty of water, wear sun glasses. Reduce: processed foods, margarine, fried foods, cookies, pastries, crackers, caffeine.
- Short-sightedness (Myopia): A short-sighted person may see quite well without glasses when it comes to close reading and writing, but is blind for long distance. Children, who read less, spend more time outdoors, and those who live in better light, who play sports, are less susceptible to myopia. Favor: Leafy vegetables, fruits, Ghee, Amla, Triphala, honey, green gram, sun exposure, bird’s meat, regular oil application on scalp & feet. Reduce: Spicy and sour foods like spices, pickles and curd, fried items.
- Diabetic retinopathy: Too much sugar in your blood can damage the tiny blood vessels that nourish the retina. It may even block them completely and results in vision loss. In response to the lack of blood supply, the eye attempts to grow new blood vessels. But, these new blood vessels don't develop properly and can leak easily. Leaking blood vessels can cause a loss of vision. Scar tissue may also form, which can pull on the retina. Sometimes, this can cause the retina to detach.
- Cataract: Clouded vision caused by cataracts can make it difficult to read, drive a car or see the expression on a friend's face, fading or yellowing of colors, double vision etc. Most cataracts develop along with aging or due to injury changes. Cataracts can also be caused by other medical conditions such as diabetes, trauma or past eye surgery.
Back to Roots Ayurveda Therapies like Nasya, Virechanam, Sirodhara, Thalam, Tarpanam, Putapakam, Aschyothana, Anjana, Karnapooranam along with medications are effective in ENT & Eye diseases