The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, swelling, redness and limited movements. Patients having joint injuries, inactive lifestyle, diabetes, thyroid problems, overweight, smoking; and those females having their uterus removed are at higher risk of developing arthritis. The most common causes of muscle pain are tension, stress, overuse and minor injuries:
- Osteoarthritis: wear-and-tear damage to cartilage can result in bone grinding directly on bone, which causes pain and restricted movements. Knees are common sites.
The health and appearance of your skin, correlates with the lifestyle and dietary habits that you choose.
- Psoriasis - the immune system attack healthy skin by mistake and the entire life cycle of skin cells takes only 3-4 days. As a result, dead skin builds up rapidly, forming thick silvery scales and itchy, dry, red patches.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis – Caused by the aggression of yeast - Pityrosporum oval MORE DETAILS
Neck & Back Pain
The main reason we suffer from back problems is that we are increasingly becoming sedentary creatures.
- Muscular Back pain: Inefficient, weak, back muscles are prone to injury. Poor posture when sitting, standing and lifting can place unnecessary stress on your spine. Sports injuries and motor vehicle accidents are very common causes.
- Disc Herniation: spinal disk is like a jelly donut, with a softer center encased within a tough MORE DETAILS
Allergy & Asthma
Life is in the breath; the respiratory system plays a vital role in delivering oxygen to the body — fuel for all the body's functions. Respiratory diseases can arise from a number of causes, including inhalation of pollutants, allergens, infections, accidents, and harmful lifestyles, such as smoking.
- Allergic Rhinitis: Our immune system mistakenly identifies a harmless substance – dust, pollen or dander - as something harmful and release chemicals. These chemicals cause runny nose, itchy eyes, congestion, and sneezing and sinus pressure MORE DETAILS
Acidity, heart burn, acid belching, burping, bloating in the stomach; we've all suffered from it at some point or the other.
- Gastritis: digestive juices damage and inflame our stomach lining and results burning pain, vomiting sensation, stomach bloating. Bacteria, hurry, worry, curry are common causes.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): Stomach acid flows back into your food pipe, causing heartburn, chest pa MORE DETAILS
Gynec & Pregnancy Care
- PCOD: Infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods, excess facial hair growth, hair fall, acne, dandruff, and obesity can all occur in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Enlarged ovaries containing numerous small cysts can be detected by ultrasound.
- Uterine Fibroids: are noncancerous growths of the uterus that often appear during childbearing years. Heavy bleeding, prolonged days of bleeding, pelvic pressure or pain, frequent urination, constipation, back pain, leg pain are commo MORE DETAILS
Hair & Scalp Problems
- Hair fall: We have an average of 100,000 hairs on our scalp. Most hairs grow 1.25 centimeter per month for up to six years and then they fall out. About 90% of the hair on your scalp is growing at any one time and 10% at rest. After 2-3 months, the resting hair falls out and new hair starts to grow in its place. It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of this cycle. However, hormonal problems (thyroid, PCOD), nutritional deficiencies, auto immune conditions, complication to certain medications may affect the growth phase and cause abnormal hair loss.
- MORE DETAILS
These diseases that affect the brain or other components of the nervous system are among the most devastating and complex conditions plaguing the mankind today.
- Migraine: Ayurveda explains 2 conditions as Ardhavabhedaka (Unilateral headaches - due to Vata imbalance) & Suryavartha (varying degrees of pain according to the solar cycle – due to Vata Pitta imbalance) to describe the Migraine headaches. Favor bedtime milk, green gram, black gram with ghee.
- MORE DETAILS
The urinary system includes two kidneys, two ureters, the bladder, sphincter muscles and the urethra. Adults eliminate about 1.5 liters of urine each day, depending on the amount of fluid consumed.
- Kidney Stones: are small, hard deposits that form inside your kidneys. Kidney stone may not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into the tube connecting the kidney and bladder. When it moves, it causes, severe waves of pain in the side and back, lower abdomen and groin, frequent urge to urinate, pink, red, cloudy or brown ur MORE DETAILS
ENT & Eye Diseases
- Tinnitis: is noise or ringing buzzing, roaring, clicking, hissing sounds been continuously heard in the ears. Ageing, exposure to loud noise, ear bone changes, Meniere's disease are cause to tinnitus. Favor: light and easy digestible food, warm food, ghee, wheat, rice, green gram, egg plant, drumstick vegetable, bitter gourd, reduced talking. Reduce – frequent head bath, drinking cold water, exposure to cold wind, over exercise.
- Tonsilitis / Adenoids: Tonsils and adenoids MORE DETAILS